Well today was another pretty laid back sort of day. I woke up at FIVE A.M.!!! I really wanted to go back to sleep but my stupid brain wouldn’t stop. Figures, yesterday it was calm and today it was its typical spastic business.
N-e-who, I got up, showered, ate bfast (oatmeal – crazy huh, I was craving it something terrible), called and chatted with my dad, then headed out for my shopping day. While talking to my dad he brought up this show he watched about this ice cream parlor up north and it was Grater’s! I don’t think I’ve mentioned up much this ice cream has come up in conversations around me lately. I saw it at Kroger’s and the pint was around 5.00 and the half gallon was around 14.00. CRAZY!!! The fill in PT and a set of parent’s love it and have raved about it and threatened to bring me some. I refuse to eat it b/c I’m sure I’ll get addicted and won’t want to pay that price for ice cream!
I went to the OTP first and bought more than I intended. I went looking for patio cushions for my mom, but they didn’t have any. That’s the way the cookie crumbles though huh; got it when you don’t need it or ain’t looking for it and then when you need/want it it’s gone.
Let’s see what all did I get: three new jumbo large non cloth shopping bags for 1.00 each, an eight hook over the door thingy (that I’ve been looking for for ages) that was 7.00, a neat-o single cup microwave coffee filter thingy – 1.00, a bundle of rubber wine glass markers – 6.00, a roasting rack – 4.00, and a server double hinged wine tool for Uncle Mike’s b-day. I think that’s it. I couldn’t find my gift card so I spent all cash.
From there I walked next door to Wal Mart’s neighbor hood market. I only bought bananas and two apples. I did look at other things, but can’t recall. As I was headed out I stopped and used my promo code and rented Season of the Witch with Nick Cage. It was interesting. I can’t say much in case some one reads this and I don’t want to give away anything. But it was definitely up our alley of movie preferences.
Next I stopped at Aldi’s. I got my berries, grapes, cherries, a salad mix, banana peppers, and some salmon. I’m excited about the salad mix. I typically buy stuff at Wal Mart b/c the price is better, however they don’t carry this mix. I’ve only been able to find it at Kroger and they charge close to 3.00. Aldi’s had it for 2.00! It’s going to be the base for my awesome yummy mango beet salad I got off the net since DH is going out of town tomorrow.
When I got back DH was excited bout the salmon and suggested we have it for dinner. However I suggested our new chicken patties from Costco and he was copasetic with the idea so we took them out to thaw.
Through out the day we watched Burn Notice and our redbox flick. The patties were GREAT! Aaron had a loaded BP with his and I had a tomato salad and slaw (and ate the rest of his potato that he couldn’t finish since he’s snacked on pistachios all day).
I splurged/made bad choices after dinner. For dessert I had a fiber one brownie with ice cream and cut Aaron a slice of the pastry I bought him. Of course I sampled the pastry and had trouble resisting so I had a slice of that too!
High today: just relaxing with the hubby.
Thanks for ending your weekend with me…
No comments:
Post a Comment