Saturday, July 16, 2011

eggplant?!?!

Hubby had to work today so he got up before six.  Of course I did too, so I could try to play on the net.  I was successful and spent the entire morning doing so.  I tried to get caught up on all my blogs, but it was a slow and steady process.  There were still about forty when I decided to quit (after 12!).

I searched for eggplant ideas again and found a handful of new ones I liked and saved to a file on the laptop, I need to save them to my drive. 

After logging off I ate some cc by itself.  I really love the Aldi’s brand!  I read Sookie and then headed to the store for my necessities, including a can of beets to make the beet & mango salad I saved a little while back.  I also picked up a little extra b/c they were marked down; salads, broccoli slaw, and for cans of nuts (two macs, one salt & pepper cashew, and a south beach diet blend). 

Back at home I finished my last borrowed Sookie book and then headed to the kitchen to create my version of stuffed eggplant I found online.  I started the dish (baking eggplant and sautéing veggies) and then went back in the living room and did nothing for a while.  When DH finally called a little after seven, I went back into the kitchen and assembled and placed in oven to bake and made side salads.  

The stuffed eggplant was super yummy!  I covered DH with cheese and filled his a little more and he commented on it before I asked.  There was also left over sautéed veggies which I’m thinking about serving over pasta one day this week.  I drank a half a glass of merlot with the dinner and it complimented it really well.  I did something a little different with the wine today too.  I’ve got it in the fridge, which is something you’re not really supposed to do with reds – they should just be chilled a little.  Anyways earlier this week, last night really, I had a glass of white (which we all know should be chilled) and noticed that it was cooling off (?) or is it warming up?  So thought to myself what better way to have red at the peak temperature – chill it and while it aerates it also looses its chill and gets to its serving temperature. 

We watched Numb3rs while eating.  Since I ‘behaved’ today I over indulged in dessert.  I bought DH some ice cream sandwich pinwheels, cookies and cream, and ate one.  I was going to have a banana split and make it worth 7PPs and the sandwich was only 6PPs so I’m saving it for tomorrow.

High today: a successful recipe

Thanks for checking in…

No comments:

Post a Comment