Let’s see, how was my day today?...
Well I didn’t sleep solidly till the alarm went off, thanks to my DH and crazy dreams. So I tossed and turned and finally got up b/c the alarm went of.
For bfast I had my yummy cc with cantaloupe. I read the rest of my chapter from yesterday. Sometimes I really wish I would/could take more time to read. I love having my Satrday’s!
Packing lunch was easy: carrots, lettuce wraps (1PPs), cucumbers, watermelon, berry medley, and an apple (I assembled it last night so all I had to do was put it in). I ate a handful plus of animal cookies (or are they crackers – a whole nother debate) and some fresh fruit a parent gave to us for our kids and didn’t want to take it back home today that weren’t counted for in my ‘plans’.
Before leaving the house I made a cup of stout coffee to have it over ice once I got to school. I used the crème brulee creamer and it was super tasty! I was actually bummed when I finished the coffee, since I’d waited till I got to school to make it; the drink wasn’t as hot so it didn’t melt the ice and make as much to drink as it normally does and there was more ice than drink. (does this really make sense?)
There weren’t any deals I had to have s I got through that. Then I half way updated my check book. I also read through a few blogs and found a couple to save for later.
After clocking in I started to work on my daily notes for the newest kid that started this week, which I still haven’t finished BTW and hope to complete during my paperwork time tomorrow.
Once we got to class it started out pretty smoothly. Our second newest kid, who behaviorly vomits, started smoothly. He cried of course, but it took him more than fifteen minutes to ‘get sick’. After he got sick, while I was changing his clothes, he calmed down enough to play while wearing only his diaper. He also had the best day that he’s had yet! Today was day five. Skipping ahead through the rest of my day --- his mom informed when she picked him up that today was his last day! To make a long story short, she said it was dad’s idea. He’s not comfortable with leaving his son a school at such a young age while crying. Guess he literally ‘rules the roost’. Well I think he needs it, it’s not like it’s going to get any easier as he gets older, but oh well. Plus side – I don’t have to do a summary since he hasn’t been here but for five days.
Back to the day – it was pretty good. We only had one therapist in the room. ‘My’ twin cried/fussed during lunch. CT’s ‘twin’ cried after nap. My CT thought he was scared. Sometimes I think she hasn’t a clue what she’s talking about, but I’m sure she thinks the same about me. I though he ws crying b/c he expected to be held b/c that’s all he has to do at home and he gets picked up. I’m tempted to think that if the boys’ aren’t gated off in one room then they are in a parent’s arms.
The rest of the kids didn’t do anything too special. We had on who arrived around ten forty five (she was supposed to be at school by 10:30 so she was only a little late). Another kid left a little after eleven, which we knew but he was supposed to leave by eleven, and came back at one. As mom opened the door she asked ‘do you want him’. What are we supposed to say to that? No take him away. That’s nuts! So he stayed. Our friendly parent donated (that’s a weird word to call it, she gave it to us basically) more fruit (which is the fruit mix I mentioned I ate earlier) and some of the kids loved it. Today was one of my kid’s last day, but we knew it. He’s moving to the full time center starting Monday. The mom brought us a nice gift of a pamper yourself like kit.
Since I had to talk to the mom who was pulling her son out and the mom of the little guy moving to full time, I didn’t get a chance to do anything paperwork wise for myself. It was about 2:35 ish by the time our conversations were over so I just did busy work till it was time to go to the next room.
I went to the babies for thirty minutes. Nothing fabulous in there. Then I went to the big kids. They were making ‘smoothies’ with vanilla ice cream and frozen strawberries. Then we read a book super fast. While I was in there the DR came in and asked if I could stay till the next teacher was in ration. I was able, but didn’t have to.
The teacher in the toddlers had a rough day, lots of biters, dropsies, and craziness. It wasn’t that bad once I got in there. The room was in ration by four thirty so I was able to leave on time at five.
Once I got home I made lunch for tomorrow: carrots, salad with ham, cherries, cantaloupe, and a peach. Then I sat down for dinner. We had a roasted Cornish game hen (5PPs), rice (mine was brown 4PPs), and fresh from the preschool garden green beans. DH sprinkled the hen with some tasty seasonings and it was great. I was worried about it being boring b/c my CT and I talked about earlier and she said it just tasted like chicken. However it was a btwn chicken and duck. Not quite as greasy or gamey as duck, but a chicken like duck. DH somehow messed up my rice so I made it better by adding a little bit of butter and some seasonings. I also I had a glass of s. blanc (8PPs) and it was a great accompaniment.
While eating we watched Numb3rs and I texted my friend (he – ey). I’m supposed to get together with another friend (the chick who was supposed to be in our wedding but backed out) on Saturday night but she hasn’t touched base with me about making plans and I’m a huge planner kind of person. I’d much rather get together with the texted friend, but have to wait it out. Aaron suggested just waiting till Saturday morning. He’s going to find out what time he gets off and text her DH to let him know and we’ll go from there. He suggested if CJ is down with getting together at that time to just text my friend and let her know that something’s come up and I’m doing that instead since she hasn’t contacted me. I like his idea.
For dessert I ate my butterscotch tweaked ice cream (3PPs). Its texture kind of reminded me of cake for some strange reason. I really wish I had that machine so I could make butterscotch ice cream that’s creamy.
That’s all for today. Now I’m going to finish our show and head to bed.
High today: making new back up plans with my Lebanon friends.
Thanks for reading all this woo-ha…
No comments:
Post a Comment