Friday, July 29, 2011

TGIF - fish fry

Does the statement TGIF ever get old?  Not to me.  Starting on Wednesday I look forward to it.  All day long I like to tell people.  What do you think about TGIF? 

Today was nice and easy.  I had my yummy bfast I made yesterday and read more of my b.c. book.  Oh guess I should mention that for some strange reason I woke up even more early, as in thirty minutes, before my alarm went off.  That means I’ve been up since five!  I have my Friday alarm set for earlier on Friday’s since I have to be at work a earlier, but now my body seems to be adjusting and waking up on it’s own. 

Of course since we have new kids starting I didn’t get to work on any personal paperwork.  I spent the time updating all of our class sheets.  Maybe next Friday will be better.  The day was a little different.  I went to the Lion’s room instead of the Rascals @ 11.  Of course I got to go to the babies for my regular hour.  Then my schedule was flipped for the afternoon.  I went to the toddlers first and the Lions afterwards.  I think I liked it better this way.  Ending a day in the three year old room instead of the toddlers. 

Today was one of my old kids last day.  When she started school she started in my rom and it was the first time she’d ever been into a school setting.  She came in barely crawling and we (mainly me) gott her crawling and walking!  Mom brought in some super yummy cookies.  I told her I wanted the recipe and she told me it was the recipe off the back of the Crisco bars!  That means they are super fattening, but that’s why they are so good. 

After work I went to Kroger’s and spent way more money than I needed.  I as only going to pick up a few items for dinner but got distracted with all the beautiful produce.  That’s what happens when I go into the Green Hills branch.  They had mango’s 2 for 1.00 and I got five!  I also picked up a couple of super large peaches from a Carolina for .78 an lb.  I got ten yogurts and picked up an ‘oops’ dessert for the hunny.  I also got a few other items. 

When I got home Aaron had packed the bag to take to his parents for dinner.  We made fish, fries, sliced tomatoes, and slaw for the gals.  I baked my fish with panko crumbs and the two filets were yummy!  It’s one of the few times I’ve actually used the crumbs and I think I may be a convert.  Dickie opened a wine a got them for x-mas and it was a sweeter dessert like one, but was yummy with the dinner.  For dessert we had peach berry smoothies.  Carolyn made em’ and they were okay.  I think the addition of milk made them less sweet than the ones I make – frozen fruit and yogurt typically. 

With/after dinner we watched Tron.  I tried to use Dickie’s laptop but it wouldn’t connect to the net instead I read my b.c. book. 

High today: family dinner.

Thanks for ending a week with me…

No comments:

Post a Comment