Thursday, July 21, 2011

what a relief

Today has made up for the last two!  Hubby got back yesterday and we had a family dinner with lots of kin.  We went to Joe & Jean’s for dinner last night: salad, pizza, and texas sheet cake (which I ate way too much). 

I don’t remember how I slept, but I woke up with my alarm.  For bfast I had a berry mix with vanilla carbmaster.  Since I didn’t make lunch last night I had to do it before going to work today.  I had fruits and veggies as well as tomato cucumber salad with laughing cow as my protein. 

Once I got to work I bought tickets for the wine tasting tomorrow evening.  (I didn’t mention yesterday, since it was WW, but I bought tickets for Chaffin’s; so I’ve spent $120.00 in two days.)  I opted out of going to Savannah’s since Tiffany said she’d be interested in going at some point.  I’m undecided if I want to go to Shea’s pampered chef on Sunday.  I kind of want to go b/c it’s a prep party (take 3lbs of meat and while we are there we prep it to make three dinners for a family of four with twelve recipes), but I’m awful at resisting temptation when it comes to making purchases in cookware and what-nots.  However if I don’t go than I feel as though it would be wrong of me to ask her to support TW in the future, not to mention she has in the past too.  More than likely I’ll end up going, unless we don’t get to go to Costco on Saturday. 

Anyways I checked my emails and blogs and all the good stuff.  Oh yeah I had a wonderful cup of coffee once I got to work, one I made from home and made super hot so it would be the perfect temperature once I got to work. 

I completed yesterday’s daily notes before the children arrived.  We only had six kids total today.  The twin that usually cries in the morning didn’t today and his brother (the after nap crier) didn’t come to school.  The mom who has been gifting fruit for snack came back today (they didn’t come on Tuesday due to outside circumstances) and she brought a couple of gifts: watermelon for the kids and fresh homemade salsa using Amish tomatoes.

Our new T/R kid mom showed up at the beginning of nap time.  STRANGE!!!  She’s been court ordered to observe T/R from nine till two.  At first she said she only had to observe his therapies, but then said the part about the time.  This is not convenient since that means she’d be in the room the whole time he should be in class.  I suggested maybe she could observe from in the hall way during the morning and come in after nap for the last hour.  We’ll see how things play out. 

I didn’t get anything done after two, I tried but of course I ended up cleaning the room since my CT can’t do it!  I didn’t get to play with the babies or the eldest, but instead went to my old class (the one I had b/4 the move).  They were really entertaining to watch.  One of the little girls, the smartest in the room, was pretending to eat babies.  She said if they were born too small we had to cook them and eat them. 

Oh yeah, the DR’s sister-n-law was substituting today.  I was shocked and don’t think I pulled off the questioning my body displayed.  I wondered how and why they were bringing in a sub for one day.  I mean I didn’t get a raise, but yet they are paying the ‘sick’ teacher for being out as well as a sub, how does that work?  Also if I’m not mistaken she’s a backstabber according to an old teacher.  What-EVEAH! 

Hubby had a nice day at home.  He got all his desired tasks completed. 

We didn’t make dinner, just leftovers.  I had venison BBQ and rice chips.  For dessert I had a toasted coconut and vanilla yogurt.  My points today probably total 16, kind of low, but I could be underestimating too (yogurt – 2PPs, cheese – 1PP, crackers – 5PPs, chips – 3PPs, BBQ – 3PPs, & yogurt – 2PPs). 

Before dinner I tried on several dresses for tomorrow night.  With the help of my DH I decided to wear a brown wacky bandana like clingy print dress that ties around the back of the neck coming from center of the chest.  It’s one I borrowed from Dana and tried to give back but she said she wasn’t worried about it.  It’s also the one Lele wore to a wedding we attended together last year.

While eating dinner we watched ‘Black Swan’ with Natalie Portman.  I liked it.  Movies like that always make me miss dancing.  However this one made me a bit thankful to.  It kind of pointed out all the pain that accompanies being a dancer.  However skinny she was, she was also gracefully beautiful at the same time.  I wish I had better bone structure and soft skin.  We always want what we can’t have.

I plucked the brows in order for my fashion evening too! 

I hope tomorrow goes well and I’m looking forward to wine and time with Ashley M.

High today:  coming home and DH being there.

Thanks for helping through the rough patches…

No comments:

Post a Comment