Well I’m starting off letting you, and myself know (for future knowledge), that I’m re-‘writing’ this entry! I did the original on Thursday, but when I typed last night’s (Friday) entry I f’d up somehow and erased it, but only saved four lines of Friday’s note! With this being said, I’m sure there are some things that I’m leaving out – if that’s the case then I don’t guess they were too obviously important!
For breakfast I had peach carbmaster with a banana. I packed a cucumber, tomato, onion salad for lunch as well as a string cheese, and of course several pieces of fruit.
I do remember that I did a good job eating my allotted items b/c I got to have beer battered crappie with FF and a few onion rings!
I also remember that Otsana came in to our room as I was coming back from lunch to get our supply list for our LP’s, and of course we didn’t have one for a couple of reasons. The two biggest being that in her email we (my CT and I) read and understood that we didn’t have to have it done till the 6th and my CT and I haven’t had much opportunity to work on it this month due to absences of teachers. Well I truly believe that she has a shorter fuse than I do b/c she was aggressive immediately when I told her we didn’t have one. And of course I got defensive just as quickly. Well about five minutes later the DR comes in all nice and calm and helps us out. She sat and talked with us a few minutes about why we didn’t have it done and threw out ideas to help fine tune it enough to get supplies for the first two weeks.
Another notable occurrence today was one of the kids in the monkey’s classroom. He has an extremely rare seizure disorder. He has two types of seizures; one we call dropsies that happens ALL THE TIME (his head just falls down and the height varies) and a stereotypical seizure normal people think about. Well he had a dropsie today and bonked his head and it left a pretty good goose-egg. While I was in there he fell again flat on his face, kind of like a belly flop on the ground and hit it again. The AT in the room iced it down. While she was icing it he started to try to go to sleep. Sleeping after a ‘normal’ seizure is pretty typical, but going to sleep after bonking your head is not a good idea, so we worked really hard on keeping him awake. After he cuddled with her for a few minutes he came to me and cuddled. As he was leaving my lap he started to crawl away and the AT had literally said ‘I don’t know if I like you crawling’ and was reaching out to get him when he had another face planting dropsie. By this time you could only imagine how large that bump was. It was bigger than a golf ball and smaller than a small softball, dead center in the middle. He kind of looked like a rhino with a nub instead of a horn. I stayed over my scheduled time b/c I knew if I were in her shoes I’d want someone to stay and help me. At this point little man really needed some one on one attention and there were still five other kids running around that needed attention too. Luckily for the company, not me, I won’t get OT for it b/c we were closed on Monday.
That’s all I can think about wanting to remember for that day.
High was: getting to eat deep fried food!
Thanks for bearing with me…
No comments:
Post a Comment