Thursday, September 15, 2011

cupcakes and a movie

It’s late and I’m exhausted.  I’m hoping I get down all the important factors.

My cupcakes were pretty much a hit.  They all got consumed.  The AT in Giraffes commented about how much she dislikes icing, but could tell mine was home made and liked it.  YAY ME!!!  I’m glad b/c it was a ‘creation’ of sorts.  I made the fudgy caramel frosting on Tuesday, but messed up and made it too thick and there was no way I could spread/smear it.  So I attempted to make ‘fluff’ (ya know the stuff in Twinkies?) and discovered that my shortening was bad; however it was too late b/c I’d already put the damn stuff in!  So I took my ‘happy’ ass to the store and bought caramel ice cream topping and powdered sugar.  The icing I ended up with was tasty, too sweet for my taste, and not as fluffy as I wanted.  I mixed butter, powdered sugar, vanilla caramel creamer, and brown sugar Karo.  I put it in the old fashioned mixer and just added this and that until I liked it and though I had enough.  I ended up having a ridiculous amount left over and now I’m going to have to (read get to) make another baked good to top it with the icing. 

I hurt my leg bending over to stop a twin from coloring on the book shelf.  It hurt yesterday, but I didn’t do anything about it just decided to stop bending in that fashion.  Well today I did it and my leg fell out from underneath me.  When I tried to stand up I couldn’t.  It also hurt when someone touched it.  I got the PT to help me out and she did a manual stretch on my back and advised me to stretch 10x for 10 seconds each, take ibuprofen, and ice it.  When I told my DR about (b/c it was a WC) her question was ‘what were you doing? were you working?’.  I guess she thought maybe I was just walking or something. 

After work I went to Whole Foods.  I met Tiff and Kristine.  I ate off the bar (and got a huge discount b/c the clerk messed up).  For dessert I got a pecan pie cookie and a mini pumpkin spice tart.  The cookie was AH-MAZ-ING!  I could eat a six pack of those monstrous deliciousness.  Now I feel like I need to attempt to recreate it. 

At the theater I got a coffee Americana and was impressed.  It was actually a decent cup.  I wish I’d had my sugar but oh well.  The theater was jammed pack.  The only seats that were ‘three deep’ were dead front, literally front row first seats.  I attempted to be bold and sit towards the back on my own btwn two strangers, but remembered that Kristine had my tart, so I headed down front.  Not to mention I felt awkward sitting up high without my gals.  The movie was good.  I’m glad I went and watched it.  I was even able to handle the front row.  Guessing b/c it wasn’t an action film. 

Now I’m headed to slumber land.

High today: the cookie

Appreciate the positive thoughts towards healing/being okay…

No comments:

Post a Comment