The hubby had to work today. I actually slept in, sort of, anyways. I stayed in the bed till about 8:30. When I got up I discovered that Ashley had txted me about today. She came over early and we did a little shopping. I was on the search for a fall themed spoon rest. I saw one in the Dollar General circular. I went to two and neither one had it. Then we went to OTP and they didn’t have one either! They already ad tons of x-mas stuff out.
Afterwards we had lunch. We shared fish-n-chips and two hand rolls (firefly and scallop one). Our server was quite awful. After dropping off our food she only came back once to see if we were okay. She didn’t come back to refill our drinks or anything! I had to hunt down our checks so we could leave.
We pushed our time to get to the bus stop. That’s right, bus stop! Ashley and I rode MTA for the first time today. It wasn’t too bad. We walked to the stop and got on. We sat up front and was on there four about ten minutes. Then we ‘hopped’ on the ‘circuit’ bus, which is free and rode it to Riverfront.
We got these adorable little wine glasses, real glasses, not plastic ones. They were etched with a little picture on one side and Mafiozza’s logo (I’m not sure about that spelling). There were a couple of booths that ran out of wine towards the end. Ashley bought this adorable dress and I got the business card for the company to check out their goods. I really liked the honey and pistachio liquors. The honey one would be really yummy in hot tea and I don’t even like hone in my tea! The pistachio one tasted like bit o’ honey. I kept my ‘passport’ from this event with all my marks about preferences, unlike on Thursday.
As we were finishing the ‘tour’ we had to go potty, but it started to sprinkle, and there was a l-o-n-g line. Luckily enough hubs was off work and he came and got us. Then we headed out and ate Mexican.
I’m off to bed now and I’m sure I’ll pass out quickly.
High today: Wine on the River, must go again!
Thanks for letting me tell you about my day…
No comments:
Post a Comment