Thursday, September 8, 2011

what a bummer

Today started out decent, then go worse, then got better. 

Bfast was a banana and cherry vanilla yogurt.  I really like this flavor.  Wish I had the net on my phone so I could refer to these entries when I go shopping for more yogurt.  My bananas have taken 4 days to start spotting.  The spots aren’t bad, the skin is at least still yellow. 

I finished my book with bfast and then headed to work.  I got there early enough to check emails and blogs.  Not all blogs mind you.  I learned that the Greek Festival is going this weekend and I really want to go to it.  However I’m trying t decide if I want to go by myself or if I want to go to the in-laws and research caramel cake. 

Our observant mom assisted her son in doing his art project, making a grandparents day card: coloring and then apple stamps.  Circle time was smooth.  Lunch was NUTZ!  There were six adults and seven children around our teeny ass table.  It almost overloaded my senses! 

Nap was easy enough.  The youngest twin wouldn’t go to sleep; I literally had to hold his hand down with my knee.  I put it under it and he fell asleep within ten minutes. 

Of course neither my CT nor I got out at two in order to work on paperwork.  However she chatted with the AD about getting extra time and the AD thinks that our kids should be picked up and out by two, we shouldn’t talk to the parents past two, and if they want to talk to us we should make phone calls or set appointment times.  OMG!!  We don’t even have enough time to do what we need to do right now, how on earth are we going to have time to make eight phone calls on top of our cases? 

During nap time I got a bit aggravated b/c I had an email from the AD saying that my CT and I were supposed to have a meeting with the outreach teacher who plays with our twins from 10 to 11.  Not that big of a deal, but that cuts into my paperwork time and the email message was super snarky.  It said something about since all paperwork was due last week and it should be done so that was a perfect time for us to meet.  I said something to my CT about it and she said that was partly her fault b/c she mentioned something to the AD about it, however the AD set up the meeting without even asking the outreach teacher what was good for her.  Need-less-to-say the meeting got canceled which means I should have time to complete my paperwork tomorrow! 

I also learned that we have two kids starting next Tuesday!  Oh speaking of new kids, one of them toured today and the outreach teacher left the kid in our room.  The only reason this was a PITA is b/c my CT went out into the hallway too and left me with eight kids on my own (not counting the one PT who actually helped a little and the SLT student who asked a bunch of questions) during snack time.  It’s really hard running around trying to get eight kids to stay seated, ask for more, eat their own, and not grab for their classmates snacks AND keep the place clean!  Man just typing it makes me dizzy!

I got to play with the babies and big kids as scheduled.  Then went to play with the twos.  I could have left the two year old classroom at four thirty, but just felt kind of bad for the AT in there so I stayed.  Really hoping that I’ll get all my work done tomorrow. 

When I got off I went and changed clothes so I could meet up with the girls for a dinner night, but had this strange feeling the hostess was going to cancel since there was only four people to RSVP.  Sure enough she sent a message around 1:30 saying she was canceling!  I was so bummed.  I called the hubs hoping he would want to go out to one of the restaurants for Nashville Originals.  He said he wouldn’t mind going but if he had his ‘ruthers’ he’s ruther stay in since his leg/back was bothering.  So I came home and made dinner and lunch for tomorrow.  I thought about going to eat on my own, but didn’t need to spend the money or eat the calories (especially if I go to one of the food festivals this weekend).  For dinner I made faux lobster whole wheat mac and LC cheese with veggies on the side.  It was tasty.  I really like the faux lobster.  Aaron said he liked it too, but would have added more salt.  I wish that I had some Old Bay (I think that’s the seafood seasoning we use at home) or at least knew what all was in it so I could mix my own. 

For lunch tomorrow I’ve packed pimento and cheese with celery and red bell pepper, watermelon, peach, and grapes.  I’m looking forward to having a date night with hubby and Lindsay (hey) and her hubby.  We are going to Crow’s Nest.  I hope they have more desserts to offer than what is on their menu b/c they aren’t the greatest three choices.  However the banana pudding was really good last time and that’s probably what I’ll get again if they don’t have anything more to offer. 

High today: my hubby understanding my frustration with the cancelation and letting me work through my disappointment and being there for when I was ready to be sweet.

Thanks for letting me remember about my day…

No comments:

Post a Comment