Sunday, September 11, 2011

our day a decade later

Right now I’m feeling kind of puny, but I hope that I get all the important parts of the day down.

This morning I chatted with dad, nothing really important.  We talked for about an hour and then I called mom.  I started calling mom after dad at one point on Sundays, but she wasn’t all ways home.  I think I’m going to try doing it again; calling her once a week too.  She bought new tennis shoes (why are they called ‘tennis’?  it’s not like everyone actually plays tennis; I need to research that) and she thinks they may be hurting her.  She’s worn them and then the next day a different pair of shoes and her feet hurt.  She went to a clinic and the fill in doctor gave her some anti-inflammatory, but she’s thinking about going to her doctor and maybe a foot specialist.  She was a bit upset about having to pay three doctors visit bills, but I told her that it’s better to pay that then to not be able to walk, since feet are one of the more important body parts a person has.  Her yard sale didn’t go over that well.  Some lady swindled her on a punch bowl and something small.  The bowl was priced at 4.00 and the other thing was priced at .50.  When they lady paid she gave mom the money rolled up.  Mom got distracted or something at the same moment the lady paid and when mom went back to count the money upon unrolling it she discovered that there was only 2.50.  Marsha also got duped.  Some person switched price tags.  They took a .25 tag off a ratty shirt with a hole in it and stuck it on a shirt with a 2.00 tag.  People are scandalous!  Mom also got herself a fish tank that she’s super excited about, but I think David is against it.  When I asked her about it she talked about it strangely, I think they must have gotten into an argument about it or something since her demeanor changed over the phone.  She already knows what kind of fish she wants and is going back in two weeks to pick em’ out.  I’m looking forward to seeing it.  Also the neighbor, the real owner of Red, has a stray kitten or two, maybe more, and one of them has been visiting mom and eating Fancy’s food.  Mom tried to give it to a coworker, but the coworker’s husband said they couldn’t have it and she brought it back to mom.  Mom and coworker have agreed to fix the kitty and share in the fee.  I said she should ask the owner about it, but mom said she wouldn’t b/c they didn’t say anything to her when she had all those kitties from the crazy cat lady’s daughter and she thinks the mommy kitty is one from that bunch.  What to do, what to do?!?!  I had to end the conversation b/c my phone was beeping at me that it was going to shut down. 

After talking to them I opened the wonderful cookbook again and looked at some recipes.  I really like this book!

I got the hubs out of bed at 11:00 so we could go to Chafin’s.  I wore my cream-in-black with red circles and triangles and he wore a matching polo we took out of Ross’ bedroom.  Tiff called me to find out what we were wearing and when they got there they were coordinated with us!  Her dress was adorable!  It was a black dress with red, cream, blue, orange, and maybe green dots in spirals.  LOVED IT!  David had just a black polo on.  We would have made an awesome photo shoot. 

The barn had two theaters; a large one up front and the small one we were in.  I guess the front one is just a dinner theater instead of ‘interactive’.  We sat a six top table with a couple who’s getting married on October 1st at Two River’s Mansion.  The guy out of the couple was the first chosen to play a character; Neil Burger – the groom and then the rest of us at the table got to play his fraternity ‘brothers’ from Lambda Lambda Lambda.  Our job was to be the most obnoxious over exaggerated group at the mock wedding.  It was fun.  We figured out who the murderer was (Neil b/c his wife to be was having an affair with his best man (the murdered guy)), but so did another table and their answer was more complete so they won the award. 

The food was good, at least while I was eating it.  I think something may be disagreeing with me now since my belly feels weird and I ache.  I enjoyed the corn, BBQ, faux peach cobbler, and pickled okra (which is what I’m tasting now).  DH ordered four beers and I had a glass of wine.  He also ordered an extra dessert of crème brulee and it was good.  They undercharged us for the dessert, so that was a plus. 

After the show we sat outside and chatted for a little bit.  She sort of applied/inquired about getting a job there.  They are starting a new show in a couple of weeks and the detective/Bob said he contact her and if he forgets to call him.  She also got an agent, our server.  I’m a bit jealous but hope she gets it.  It would be so fun to go and see her in action.  However if she gets a full time job she wouldn’t continue at the barn.  She also told me that she wants to get more involved in a church.  I told her I would check with my DR about their church and let her know.  I hope I remember and get a chance to talk to the DR tomorrow.

On the way home we stopped at Wal Mart to get dog food and a movie. 

Back at home we watched our movie.  I LIKED it!!!  I was unsure how I would feel about it since I tend to not like ‘pre’ movies in saga’s/series (esp the Underworld one).  This one made me really wish that they would make more in this series.  I also really like how they linked in some of the more popular characters that are known from the other movies: Wolverine and Mystique. 

I think it’s strange that my belly fells so bad.  Aaron has snacked on pistachio’s and Frito’s since we got home and had a whole pack of broccoli and cheddar rice.  He had way more food than I did and the whole dessert minus the three bites I had!  All I could stomach tonight was a string cheese and that was kind of challenge to get down!  I don’t even think I at all that much. 

We also watched the next disc of Hero’s.  I really wanted to continue but need to go to bed so I can be well rested for tomorrow’s day.

High today: double date was a blast – Oh I forgot to mention that Tiff and David are game players and we’ve got a night in the works to get together to play and grill out!  WOO HOO!!!  I’m so excited and can’t wait, it’s been too long since I’ve had game buddies.

Thanks for letting me ramble… 

No comments:

Post a Comment