Tuesday, September 13, 2011

made it through the day

I didn’t sleep all that well again last night.  However I was able to get out of bed and move without too much uncomfortableness (not a real word, but I’m using it). 

For bfast I ate a few strawberries with vanilla carbmaster.  I read more of my book and it was interesting today.  I’m worried it’s going to take me forever to finish it.  For lunch today I packed my leftovers from Friday, minus the watermelon b/c it smelled strange. 

I got to work and discovered that the dinner meeting I was supposed to go to on Thursday got changed from Rumba to Mafioza’s.  Since I’ve been there a handful of times and was really looking forward to Rumba’s I un-enrolled my rsvp.  Instead I’m trying to get a free movie pass to see the new Sarah Jessica Parker movie with Tiff. 

The day had its ups and downs.  My belly had some weird moments that made me hunch over a few times, but I worked through it.  I hope it goes away and I’m back to normal tomorrow.  I didn’t get to make it through all my foodgawkers b/c there were just too many since I haven’t looked at them in two days.  One of my fav. bloggers announced her pregnancy in the cutest way. 

During our lunch today my CT informed me that the floater is permamently in the Two’s room to help out daily b/c they need an extra hand.  It totally irks me, HELL-freakin-LO, we need it too!  Then to add icing to the neediness cake of the Two’s class the AT in there informed, late in the afternoon, that she gets help in the afternoon regardless of how many kids she’s got.  Basically it boils down to she gets assistance, ME, b/c she has ‘too many’ children with special needs to be on her own.  ERRGGHHH!!!  I’ve been w/ the company for five years and never once has the needs actually been considered in aftercare, it’s always been about the numbers.  Guess we’ll see how it works out. 

While playing in the baby room, the AT’s little man worried me just a little.  He woke up crying after a really really short nap and had trouble calming down.  His cry was off and he had real tears, kind of like he was really hurt or upset about something.  It was extremely pitiful and I bet he and mom will be out in the next few days. 

I talked to hubby today and he got good news about Izzie.  The vet said that her heartbeat sound matches the heartbeat to the touch (it didn’t last time, the touch was faster than the vet heard).  Her swelling has gone down, but not as much as the vet would like.  He gave us two meds, each one has to be given twice a day and one pill each (a total of four pills).  He also suggested us to give a banana a day for potassium, which is supposed to help the heart (I’ve never heard that, only that it helps with joints/bones). 

When I got home I saw the three new videos/movies he bought at Wal Mart.  He also bought me this adorable basket to put on the front of my bike.  It’s got a handle and can detach for me to carry in to the store or wherever I go.  SUPER EXCITING!

He helped me make/prep my lunch for tomorrow.  He packed the carrots, weighed the chicken and put it into the container, and cut and bagged the tortilla.  I also attempted to make the caramel fudge frosting from Carolyn’s book.  It started out really nice and caramelly, but I was worried that it was going to run off the cupcakes.  So I added a little it more cream and ‘whipped’ it some more.  He suggested that turning up the speed would possibly add air.  So I did that and I think it just dried it out.  So now the frosting is set in a fudge state.  It tastes really really good, but isn’t spreadable.  I cleaned the spoon and beaters, put the frosting away, and walked away before messing it up too much.  Tomorrow I’m going to try to fold in some fresh whipped cream and a little bit more liquid.  I hope it turns out tasty and smooth, not grainy.  I’m also worried that I need more in quantity to top the cupcakes.  I’m hoping for at least 26, 12 for Amy and 14 for the teachers. 

For dinner I ate my leftover chicken quesadilla from Crow’s Nest, which is where I’m thinking about suggesting to go to on Thursday before our movie (hoping I get to go).  I also drank another fourth of the coffee drink I made the other day.  Hopefully one to two points plus worth. 

This is it for the day, I think.

My high today: hubby being so sweet with my gift and helping me with my lunch and other duties.

Thanks for reading through my page of nonsense and hopes…

No comments:

Post a Comment