I had to get back to the grindstone today and go to work. The day wasn’t all that terrible. I started it off with yogurt and a banana. It was the coconut crème yogurt, Kroger brand.
The kids were good. We had easy transitions all day, a good lunch, nice nap time, and fun washing apples afterwards.
I played with the babies and had fun. I went to work this morning at 7:30 to open for the infant room teacher and enjoyed playing one on one with several of the babies till the day started, the school day that is. Last week when I was asked about doing the shift I was told I would get off around four or four thirty. However when four rolled around I wasn’t able to leave. I asked the AD about it and she said for me to just leave whenever the AT got into ratio. It was five minutes till five before I was able to get out of the room! I was a bit irked b/c I wanted to leave early. Not to mention if Aaron hadn’t gotten to stay home today Izzie would have been locked up with no potty breaks for over ten hours. I’m debating on whether or not to say anything to the DR when she comes back next week. I understand why I had to stay, but at AD could have gone into the baby room, couldn’t she have? Or maybe the LT could have stayed till later? I think I would have raised more hell if hubs had to work today.
After work I went to Aldi’s, only b/c I knew Izzie had been potty recently. I got cc, lettuce, frozen veggies, faux lobster, onions, and mushrooms. I thought about making a pasta with lobster in it but remembered that I had tuna for lunch today so I wanted something that wasn’t ‘fish’. I couldn’t have (or at least didn’t want to) have red meat (thought about a steak salad) since I had that last night, so I settled on quick hoision stirfry using the deli sliced/carving board chicken. It was tasty. I think I had too much hoision sauce for the ratio, but it was still good.
While I ate I continued to read my book. I really wanted to have it finished for tomorrow so I could return it and not have to reborrow (rerent?) it. But alas, I had two chapters I just couldn’t get through. I’m sure I’ll finish it tomorrow evening.
High today: an impromptu dinner being a success.
No comments:
Post a Comment