Saturday, September 10, 2011

roller coaster kind of day

What a day!  I woke up at 2:00 this morning and couldn’t go to sleep to save my life.  So I sat up and read my book for a couple of hours.  Close to 4:00 I was able to go back to sleep, only to get up at 7:00.  DH was supposed to be at work at 6:00, but I messed up his phone while playing with it last night so his alarm didn’t go off.  Luckily the crew hadn’t left the shop yet so he made it in to work. 

I showered and primped for the day ahead.  Then I went to Wal Mart and shopped.  I was only going to go for the necessary items in the flyers and price match but got distracted by the clothes.  I also wanted to get Aaron the new X-Men movie, but thought it was a better deal at Kroger so I didn’t get it.  While looking at the movies dad called again to talk to me about the frosting (I called him this morning and asked him about caramel icing/frosting, substituting coffee creamer for liquid in cake, other baking questions, and told him about Izzie).  I tried to walk around Wal Mart while on the phone, but couldn’t keep the connection so I had to stand still while talking to him.  By the time I got done shopping and home it was 10:30.  I had to put the groceries away and pack to go to IL’s.  Carolyn called at 11:00 to make sure I was okay and I told her I got behind.

I rode the bike as planed to their house!  I had to break my agreement with Aaron.  I rode the bike down Ellington Pike.  As I went up/down
Trinity Lane
I discovered there were too many mailboxes and posts to ride the bike.  I didn’t want to walk the bike the whole way so I went the Pike instead.  I thought I was safe in walking it on the ramp and I stayed in the shoulder and looked both ways when crossing the on and off ramps.  By the time I got to their house I was pooped!  I got reprimanded by Dickie when I told him I took Ellington.  Coming from the country I didn’t know all the driving road rules but your not supposed to ride unmotorized vehicles on highways and main roads.  Woops!  When I told Aaron he wasn’t as mad as I thought he would be.  He just told me that your not supposed to ride bikes on places where the speed limit is higher than 40 MPH.  Live and learn. 

When I got to their house Carolyn shared her new book with me and I found it extremely interesting.   There were some foods I’m not supposed to eat, but will not stop!  I can’t give up yogurt, cc, cantaloupe, and all pork products and my black pepper. 

She also showed me her awesome go to cook book for a frosting recipe to use on Amy’s cupcakes Wednesday.  I think the recipe in there is by far my favorite, but I still looked online for some ideas.  All the ones I saw online had you make caramel and then turn it into a buttercream or had lots of powder sugar.  The one in this cookbook is supposed to make a fudgy icing/frosting.  I’m thinking it will be creamy and if it’s too thick then I’ll try folding whipped cream into it to make it soft and fluffy.  I also really like the idea of using the creamer in the icing with the brown sugar corn syrup. 

Then I checked my emails and read some back logged recipes.  Lindsay called around two ish and we were supposed to go to the Greek Festival.  However after an hour had passed Colin called Aaron to tell me she wasn’t going to make it.  I was bummed, but oh well, maybe next year.  I was also worried since she didn’t call me herself.  I msgd Colin and asked him to have her call me when she could.  When she called I found out that she was literally around the corner on James Robertson.  Her phone, which she was using as a GPS, had died and she was lost.  She doesn’t/didn’t have a car charger nor did she have her regular hand held GPS to find her way.  Once she found the interstate she went to Carrie’s and called Colin.  She didn’t know anyone’s number by heart other than his.  She also had a headache from driving round in circles in the area so she went home. 

Aaron and I were going to go out to eat but since he ate hot chicken so late he wasn’t hungry at dinner time.  Also he thought since we were going to tomorrow we didn’t need to go again tonight.  Instead we stopped at Aldi’s so I could get cupcake wrappers.  They didn’t have any so he took me to Kroger.  Thankfully they did (forgot to mention that Wal Mart didn’t have them when I was there earlier) and they were on a dollar for fifty.  I tried to find the X-Men movie that was listed in their circular but all they had was the original movie.  I went to get a rain check from the adorable little customer service male (I’m urged to call him a boy but that would just be insulting and he’s not a man or a guy).  When he was writing it he wrote the more expensive price in small print and that’s when I realized the cheaper price was for JUST the DVD.  The small print, which I thought was the original price, was the price for the BR/DVD combo.  So I just wasted all that time trying to be sweet and get hubby something special. 

At the house we watched the last disc of Numb3rs in this season.  The last episode was such a cliff hanger, as were all the episodes on the disc, but now we have to wait for the next disc b/c it was the end of the season.  Charlie proposed and Amita didn’t answer, the show just ended with him on one knee and her with a strange I’m not sure what to say kind of face. 

For dinner I ate a steak salad with a glass of wine.  I finally opened my fav. s. blanc.  Still really tasty but awfully similar to the Lonely Cow brand.  For dessert I really wanted something icey and frozen, but I didn’t feel like getting the blender out and making a mess or cleaning it so I opted for an iced coffee drink from Costco.  The package says to use ¾ cup water or milk and some ice.  I ended up mixing the whole package with two cups water, some splashes of coffee and chocolate liqueur, and a whole tray of cubes and it was still too rich!  I didn’t want the whole glass so just put it in the fridge.  I hope when the ice melts it doesn’t ruin the flavor too much.  I also need to remember that next time I want it just iced I can use a scoop/tbsp instead of the whole pack with the water and ice!  

Well hubs asleep so I’m going to read a bit and then tuck in.

High today: riding the bike.

Thanks for letting me tell you about my adventures…

No comments:

Post a Comment