Saturday, September 17, 2011

successful recipe

Today was extremely low key.  I woke up nice and early as usual.  I hung out on my own, read my book, looked at recipes, and ate some fruit. 

When Aaron finally got up we watched Numb3rs.  For dinner I made a crazy recipe out of Carolyn’s book: ham wrapped bananas.  I know it sounds extremely weird, but it was good.  Kind of tropically.  The recipe said to bake it in a cream sauce, but that just didn’t sound good to me at all (not to mention the fattening-ness of it).  Instead I drizzled some of the leftover currant mustard and it made it!  Aaron liked it and said he’d eat it again.  Maybe next time we will put a little pineapple in with it and I really hope that I have some cloves. 

We also watched Thor.  I need to imdb some of the characters.  I liked the movie and look forward to the next Marvel movie.

High today: a weird recipe turning into a success.

Thanks for checking in on me this weekend…

No comments:

Post a Comment