Sunday, August 21, 2011

double farewells

Today was a good Sunday.  I woke up early with a pain in the neck again.  I tried to go back to sleep after readjusting but hubby woke up to go potty so I just bit the bullet and got out of bed.  I showered, ate a banana, read my book, and then called my dad.  We didn’t talk about too much.  He’s got the boat cleaned and winterized.  Uncle Rod as a 4.0 at school.  Dad thinks the school he’s going to isn’t as hard as what he went to.  Then he told me the difference btwn a vocational college and a community college.  I assumed they were equally hard, but what do I know, I’m not a school worm, just a book reading worm. 

After talking to dad I headed to Lowe’s to find a replacement piece for the grill.  I found one, 20.00.  then I went to Wal Mart and did my regular grocery shopping.  I spent way more than I wanted.  I spent right over 70.00 which is more than the amount of cash I had on me and had to use my debit card.  I was bummed though b/c the store didn’t have red meat for me to buy using my circular so if I want some I’m going to have to suck it up and eat the Pig’s meat.  We’ll see.

Back at home hubby was awake and we made lunch.  I made a super fabulous creative wrap: tortilla with spinach and herb garlic dip smear, topped with shredded chicken, onion, and tomato.  It was good.  As I got toward the end I wished I’d remembered to add my new favorite peppers.  Well hubby did!  His wrap was really mayonnaisey mixed with sundried tomato and garlic pesto, topped with all the stuff I had.  It was better in a way, if you like the creamy type of chicken salad. 

We relaxed and watched Numb3rs and Burn Notice.  He had to leave an hour later than scheduled which was nice.  At 4:30 I headed over to Aldi’s and picked up celery, spring mix, and ice cream for the family and headed over to the IL for family dinner.  Carolyn made spaghetti, chicken alfredo, salad (fruit based and veggie), and three different breads.  I made a huge pig of myself and ate several bites and a couple of pieces of bread.  I liked the whole grain one best out of the three.  I also had two half glasses, which equals one whole glass, of Crane Lake’s Sauviongese (not sure bout that spelling).  I liked it.  If I find it I may have to buy one for Uncle Mike since we liked the Grinder’s Switch one.  For dessert I continued pigging out and had a small scoop of all three flavors of ice cream: vanilla, butter pecan, and cookies and cream.  Then went back for another small scoop of the cookies and cream.  I started out with the variety b/c it was Aldi’s brand and I wanted to know how it compares to name brand.  Obviously I was happy since I went back for seconds.  Needless to say when I got home the scale showed the pig in me.

After dinner I got my hair cut!  I learned that Carolyn put herself through college cutting hair as a part time job.  She did an awesome job, at least IMO.  I’m satisfied.  I also feel so much better with all the nappy hair gone. 

Well it’s late, at least for me, and I’m almost about to pass out (I’m sure reading a few pages will help me doze nicely).  Until tomorrow….

High today: hair cut (that’s way overdue) of course!

Thanks for reading about my family love…

No comments:

Post a Comment