Monday, August 29, 2011

my day back at work

Today could have gone smoother.  It wasn’t an absolutely terrible day, just a bit bumpy.  I woke up at four again and I was a bit on the chilly side (hubby had to have the ceiling fan on).  He was snoring something loud and I tried to have him roll over and cover the snore and at the same time cuddle him.  When I cuddled up to him he snored even louder!  So I spent the first two hours of the morning chilled, uncomfortable, and irritated b/c I wanted more sleep (oh and I didn’t go to bed till closer till 11). 

Since I didn’t make lunch or bfast last night I went instant: apples & cinnamon oatmeal.  I let Izzie out and we sat outside for a little bit.  The weather is wonderful in the early a.m. right now. 

For lunch I packed carrots, chicken sandwich wrap, and four fruits.  I only ate two of the fruits and the veggies.  Someone brought cake balls and I gorged on them.  They were dark chocolate with white icing and were AMAZING!  Brought back memories of the PITA white chocolate I used last winter. 

Before making it all the way t work I stopped at Regions.  I was going inside to deposit the checks and found out that one doesn’t take deposits, the lady told me to use the drive through one.  I went through and the damn thing wouldn’t/couldn’t read them so now I have two signed checks and a filled out deposit slip.  I have to make sure not to lose them since they’ve been signed.  Then I headed to Kroger to pick up yogurt.  I also got some red peppers (they were on sale for .77 each) and cucumbers and tomatoes.  I meant to pick up pimentos and realized ten minutes before I got home that I’d forgotten. 

When I got to work I didn’t have time to check anything on the net, it was five minutes till I clocked in.  I did however get lucky and made a cup of tea I’ve never had before.  It was stinky, smelled like tobacco to me and cigars to my CT.  It didn’t taste that bad, I don’t think I’d buy a whole box, but it was drinkable.  My CT liked her mints. 

They day itself went decent.  The only bump, hill?, was nap time.  Our new kid cried the whole time again.  Our lunches started over thirty minutes late.  I usually get back at a quarter till and today I didn’t get back till a quarter after.  I’ve got mixed feelings about the last fifteen minutes.  Our little chick who I think works her mom and dad way too much was hot and I tried to take her temperature.  I only tried so hard b/c I thought since she has so many behaviors at home she would probably act ten times worse for her parents.  Well the DR came in and I think she was over judgmental about my actions.  I tried to talk to her later to explain, but I got interrupted once by her and again by other parents by then I couldn’t chat with her anymore.  She thought I got too frustrated and got physical with the child.  I was only trying to protect her and myself and explain to her at the same time about the thermometer.  I know I should probably let it go but I really want to get the kinks worked out. 

After our daily note time which was spent mainly cleaning and entering contact logs I played with the infants.  I had fun.  I fed the two babies that are a week apart (one the AT’s baby and the other one a week younger).  The younger one ‘chose’ peas but struggled through them.  This was the first time I’d seen him fuss.  I think he started fussing b/c he was jealous the other kid had water and finger puffs.  After I gave him his puffs he immediately calmed down and was his happy self again.  I got to stay in the baby room until I left. 

When I got home I sat outside again while Izzie got situated.  Back inside I made bfast: berries with yogurt and lunch: veggies, three fruits, and the leftover wrap and then made dinner: ‘steamed’ onions, wild rice, peas-n-carrots, and brisket.  I also ground up some more beans to have coffee in the morning!

Hubby is in Memphis, but should be back tomorrow night before I go to bed.  He’s off on Wednesday and is going to take Izzie to the vet. 

High today: playing with the babies till I clocked out.  Thanks for listening again…

No comments:

Post a Comment