WOO HOO what a wonderful day. Of course I woke up early, but actually fell back asleep! When the alarm went off I thought it was a text msg and tried to ignore it, however I glanced at it and realized that it was time to really get up.
Bfast was tasty and I could have eaten more, but it did fill me up. Since I had to be at work early for real, not just to play I got ready as soon as I finished. I made it out the door by the time I wanted! I remembered to pack a towel, body wash, conditioner, and vitamins as well as dad’s wine, gift, chocolate, mike’s present and wine too. I fed Izzie, cleaned kitty litter, and fed them too. I don’t think I forgot anything, but guess I’ll find out tomorrow.
I was shocked that Ms. Christi was actually there before me. I arrived at 7:15. I asked her and she told me she got there at 7:00. AND she actually did work off the clock. Such a trooper.
One of my old classmates was the first to arrive. It was kind of strange. He has CP and normally children with special needs go into the metro schools program after they turned three but his parents have decided to keep him here at our school. He’s gotten super big (not fat, just grown). He can almost undo do buckles on his wheelchair! Of course he can now pretty much navigate anywhere in it easily. The second kid was a sibling of one of the kids that we used to teach (she left a LOOOONNNGGG time ago). So it was just the three of us for almost twenty minutes or so. Which means the first thirty minutes of the day went by super quickly!
My CT got lucky and got an extra hour of paperwork time this morning so I didn’t have to give up any of my time. I’d like to think that I was successful and used my time diligently. I got all the papers for next week, completed LP’s (except circle time), updated my data notebook, entered data in computer, and had a ‘pow wow’ with Ct about our meeting with the twins parents next week. Which basically left me with just typing summaries for the kids! Oh yeah and I did all the laundry (sort of, at least got it washed, oh I hope that someone put the last load in the dryer b/c I don’t think I did).
The kids were fun at the eleven hour. I enjoyed my salad. I also indulged in Mrs. Katie’s coffee and lemon cake. After lunch I enjoyed myself in the baby room. The family urge was still hanging out. Next I went to the Lion’s and the urge was shot and destroyed pretty well quite immediately. Then I headed to the toddlers, but the AT didn’t need to get out so I went to two’s and let my CT get out and stayed in there w/ the AT. As we were leaving the gym and I was headed to clock out the AD stopped me, and more politely than I would have expected, questioned me about why I wasn’t in the toddlers. I told her that I offered time to teachers in babies and toddlers and neither one of them wanted it so I came in here instead. She seemed okay with it she was just confused b/c she didn’t know where I was and though she could have used me more wisely to let someone else do something. Oops, I just assumed to go to two’s b/c that’s where I’m supposed to go at four now-a-days.
Since se stopped me to chat I got out of the building a little bit late, about eight minutes (after clocking out and changing clothes). I was so excited to be going home!
I had a plan to stop at the wine store next to Costco to get mom the Alexia white and gas (hoping it would be cheaper). I also thought it would be quicker to go down that road and then get on the interstate instead of sitting in interstate traffic, but wasn’t correct in my assumption. It seemed to take forever to get to the wine store. However I did get to look at the scenery/surroundings of that road and noticed a few things I’ve not before. After making it to the store and getting gas (which you need a membership card by the way) I was headed out. It was an hour later! I was bummed; I really thought I was going to make it to Paris in time for me to have dinner close to seven.
Well I hauled as much as possible down the interstate to get here. While driving I worked on having better posture and tucking my tummy in trying to burn calories from the cake. Earlier today I had a craving for either Chinese food or maybe trying the pasta place in Pairs. Well when I called my mom she suggested the pasta place, so I was trying to prep myself for all the carbs I knew we were going to consume (not to mention all the super tasty fattening food I’d get over the weekend just being home). I got here a little, literally not even ten minutes, after seven and we headed to eat. On the way there mom was telling me how she’s only been once and the sandwich wasn’t good, but she had a couple of friends who suggested the chicken alfredo and she thought about trying it. When we got there they had calamari as an appetizer special so we ordered it. We at two halves, so one whole loaf OMG of bread! I didn’t think it was that big of a deal while eating it, but now that I type it that means I hate half a loaf! It wasn’t like the size of sandwich bead more like one half was the size of my two fists put together. That’s really a lot of bread especially considering I dipped almost every last bite in oil! We both ordered items that weren’t on the menu. Mom got the gourmet mac and cheese: penne pasta with a creamy mozzarella sauce and shrimp and I got the Shrekko pasta (that’s not the real name, but I can’t remember it); cheese filled tortellini with chicken, sun dried tomatoes, Canadian bacon, bacon (I didn’t eat b/c I got it on the side) in a garlic oil sauce. They were both super fabulous!
I got to see my old friend Charlie Pierce finally while we were there. He looked good. He’s gotten taller and more trim. We chatted for a few minutes and I discovered he was funny, not gay, but funny. He’s still actively participating in being a Jehovah Witness (IDK if that’ PC, but it’s my journal so I’ll say what I want I guess, I only say it b/c I know people can change and choose to follow different beliefs through out their lives) and has traveled a great deal for it. He’s been to NY for a year, Costa Rica for three months, and Flordia for a little while. The part I thought was humorous is he got home sick for his parents and moved back to Paris every time. He lives around the high school somewhere next to Michael Mann’s family.
After dinner we stopped and got David a coney and milkshake then stopped at the redbox and got a movie. When we got home I opened the Alexia for mom and she still wasn’t a white fan. I had trouble believing she didn’t like this one, it’s pretty popular w most people. I gave her the box of chocolates and she opened pieces and sampled em’ right away. I took a bite of the graham cracker and, as expected, didn’t really care too much for it. I did get a small nibble of the bolt and LOVED it! The dvd player in the living room wouldn’t play the movie to so we watched it on the laptop laying in the guest bedroom.
Now my day is over and I’m exhausted. Wait I forgot to mention that David tried our leftover pastas and he liked them both. He liked mine better, and is going to eat them for lunch tomorrow!
Now I’m done.
High today: seeing my mom..
Thanks for ending a great day with me…
No comments:
Post a Comment