Monday, August 15, 2011

miserable Monday

Someone please tell me why Monday’s have be so busy/difficult/down right miserable?  Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure I’ve had some good Monday’s, but today was exhausting!

Let’s start the day off with very little to no sleep.  When I got home last night, after journaling and trying to rest that is, I noticed Izzie was breathing funny.  I called the in-laws thought I was okay.  Then Izzie got out of bed and went to lay in the living room.  This is the first time she hasn’t laid in the bed while Aaron’s been gone.  I panicked and called him.  I was really worried that she was going to pass in the night.  I kept waking and checking to see if she was still breathing.  Happily enough when I woke up today she was. 

Now the day was looking up.  I had a banana with peach pomegranate yogurt.  This yogurt was a bit more pink than the last, but still wasn’t all that fabulous.  Hopefully I’ll remember and buy it again.  I read a couple of chapters of the James Patterson book I started last night.  When I finished bfast I went ahead and started getting ready.  I had to stop and get gas and knew I was ridiculously behind on blogs since I hadn’t looked at them all weekend. 

At work I had just enough time to check and delete all current emails and foodgawker recipes only.  There were still several bloggers pages I didn’t get to read. 

After clocking in I attempted to get caught up on DN’s and contact logs.  I got almost half way through them before it was time to go to class.  The morning itself went really well.  It was a gorgeous day.  The kids transitioned easily into school.  We played outside.  There was a lady from Metro here to observe Lake.  The OT played with our most challenging kid.  Our newer one made some amazing eye contact and actually listened to a couple of commands.  Nap time is where it went down hill.  Out of seven kids one slept!  She slept for thirty minutes.  Another one slept for five minutes.  The last five minutes before having to get up.  Four of the seven rolled, moaned, fussed, cried, anything sort of loud obnoxious sounds you can think of for an hour and fifteen minutes.  Neither my CT or I took an actual break.  We couldn’t leave the room!  We called the DR at noon just to give her a heads up.  She finally came into the room at 12:30 to relieve one of us if we wanted.  However we were in the process of getting the kids off their mats.  After getting em’ up we took em’ to the gym and the played in there for an hour!  It was nice though.  We ran, and jumped, and crashed, and walked!  It was fun.  We did get to eat while literally working.  I was putting mats away and taking bites.  She sat with her legs spread out on the kids and ate. 

At two when I was going to eat my peach the Executive Director stopped me to tell me that one of the old kids that used to go to school here was no longer reciieving services/wasn’t going to school.  It’s heart breaking.  Just b/c he’s got high needs doesn’t mean he should just stay home and be a vegetable!  There’s something he can learn: staying awake, listening to music, drinking from cups.  The upside is the new little girl whose mom I talked to last week used the ideas I gave her and she was super excited and grateful for them; they tried them at home and it did some help!  Can we say validation? 

By this point I only had fifteen minutes before heading to the next room so I didn’t get to work on notes, again, just another day behind.  However I did continue to work on the already delayed entries.  I’ve got two more to do!  Hopefully I’ll get those done tomorrow. 

Since today was the start of our new school year there were new babies in the infant room.  They were precious!  One is so solidly squishy!  He kind of reminds a bit of flubber, you know the green guy.  Then I had to go to toddlers.  I know, big deal huh?  Well I was supposed to go to the Girraffe room b/c the ‘toddlers’ transitioned into the two year old room, but the AT in the toddlers (the old infants, wiered I know) went home sick so I pretended to be her.  Luckily enough there were only four kiddos.  The LT in the room told me about her aggratvation b/4 leaving.  Our AD wants to cut out the four o’clock snack.  However the DR encourages/sort of kind insists on it!  Mixed communication, they need to work it out.  It upset the LT. 

I got to leave on time.  When I called Aaron his phone went straight to vm, which kind of worried me.  There wasn’t anything I could do about it though.  Izzie was doing well when I got home.  However she didn’t drink her water which causes me some concern.  While she was going potty the lady across the road, I think her name is Penny, stopped me to chat.  She just wanted to let me know that my new neighbor had been looking suspiciously at our bedroom window the last couple of evenings.  We also talked about our pets.  Later when I was taking out the compost the ‘peeping’ neighbor stopped me to let me know he’d weed eated (is that the right way to phrase it) our yard along the fence and by the shed.  He also asked if I was scared of snakes or spiders.  Curious. 

I prepped bfast and lunch for tomorrow as well as washed dishes and made dinner.  I sliced cantaloupe to eat with the yummy cc.  For lunch I’ve got carrots, a big fat salad w/ chicken, a plum, yellow mango (as opposed to green/red), and grapes.  I had another BLT for dinner w/ a side of veggies and a glass of wine (actually I had half the wine while prepping and the other half w dinner).  For dessert I had a WW raspberry chocolate covered pop. 

I finally got to watch Burlesque while eating.  I liked it.  I’m not so sure how I feel about Christina as an actress, but I loved the concept of the movie and it made me miss dancing, as usual when I watch those kinds of movies. 

DH called me from his coworker’s phone.  He should be home tomorrow around noon!  WOO HOO.  I hope I remember to be sweet and more conscious of my words and attitudes. 

High today: Izzie and hubby coming home.

Thanks for letting this day be over….

No comments:

Post a Comment