I spent my day on another roller coaster! I sort of slept till my alarm went off. For bfast I had peach pomegranate yogurt with a banana. The yogurt wasn’t that impressive at all. There wasn’t much pomegranate flavor, it was all peach flavor. However there were some nice chunks of peaches. I read more Sookie while eating. My second alarm actually went off before I finished my chapter. I had a little bit of trouble b/c I was trying to create a genealogy tree in my head. I wish the author had a tree on her website. I told myself not to obsess and just read, but I had to have myself a visual.
I tossed my packed foods into the box and headed to work. I got there at my regular time and was actually surprised b/c I though it would take me longer since today was the first day of school again, but traffic wasn’t that bad for me. Upon arrival to work Jacob G.’s dad asked me if I could sit on Saturday night and I told him to ext me his no. so I could reply (as of right now 8:33, I still haven’t heard from him). I was able to make it through all my emails and foodgawker sites (I viewed these first instead of last to keep from having to look at repeats later). I was close to finishing when our newest kid and his mom arrived and came into the gym (where I was hiding) so I chatted with them for a bit.
Once I clocked in I tried to complete my daily notes but since I tried to do it in the workroom it didn’t get done, as usual! I H-A-T-E working in there, but the netbook takes too long to load and process.
Our other new kid is displaying behaviors with his gma. He’s throwing a straight down temper tantrum fit. Well today he made himself throw up! However as soon as he got it out he was done with his fit and we went about our day. I had an IFSP to attend at nine, but wasn’t relieved to go to it till 9:35! The AD finally showed up at the time! (Just wait till the end of this post b/c I’ve got a few impolite words/expressions bout that).
N-e who the IFSP went well and I got back to class just in time to change diapers and set up for lunch. During lunch today our OT let the ‘motherness’ get the best of her and asked to hold the kid who was crying (the newest one who came in early today). I was a tad bit aggravated b/c believe me I wanted to hold him and console him too, but we won’t be able to do that later. I can’t hold him and feed three kids/help feed them while consoling and keeping him from making a mess all at the same time! Well he calmed down for less than a minute while he held her and then started crying again. So she put him back in his chair. Sometimes she can really be, what’s the word I’m looking for here…, rude? She wants to treat the kids like their babies and its b/c she’s a mom and I don’t understand their pain and I’m too mean and hard on em’ (at least that’s what I keep hearing).
Anyways he calmed down after eating his preferred food (which the OT wanted to give him just to make him happy but mom and I discussed the order in which items to feed when – oh maybe the word I’m looking for is bleeding-heart?). He slept for about thirty minutes and when he woke up he tried to get up, but I got him to stay on his mat and he patted my leg, too sweet! However two of our seven kids didn’t sleep today which was a little over whelming on my senses.
After lunch I had another IFSP for ‘my’ twin. It went well and we finished just in time. Oh but wait I forgot to mention that the AD came in and told us what ‘the plan’ was for the afternoon: I get forty five minutes, from 1:00 to 1:45 and my CT got the next forty five minutes. And at 2:15 I had to go to the baby room. It doesn’t sound like a big deal to type it but she mentioned and expressed the importance of staying on schedule b/c of yada yada yada. (Remember earlier when she didn’t come to our class till 9:35?) Well she didn’t arrive on time either at this point! She came in, left, and then came back in again five minutes late! The IFSP went well. The parents mastered a goal but wouldn’t consider mastering the goal I wanted to master. As I was leaving I saw the AD and mentioned that there was a small kink in her plan: if my CT didn’t get out of her part of the meeting till 2:30 and I had to be in the baby room at 2:15, which means the boys will be left alone and unattended for 15 minutes. She said ‘oh, well won’t they come to get the boys?”. No silly they are in a meeting. So after talking to the DR it was decided that I’ll take them to their parents at 2:15 and then go to the babies.
To top this cake, when I got back to the room my CT had the class in the gym with a different teacher b/c the AD just left her unattended to go get lunch for a little bit! I totally understand that ya gotta eat, but at least have a bit of a plan.
Well at 2:13 I still had three kids, that’s right, three! I was supposed to have just two – the twins, but another parent forgot to pick up! Soooo I called the AD to let her know that there was yet another kin in her plan and I wasn’t going to be able to make it at 2:15, b/c this was the time I would be heading to drop the boys off and go to the babies. She automatically asked what I did! Silly lady, it wasn’t me, it was a parent.
Well my CT got out of her part of the meeting late, at 2:25 ish and that’s when she came and got the boys. The third/last kid got picked up at 2:43!
ALL OF THIS basically means I’m even more behind on my paperwork: didn’t get yesterday’s done and didn’t get today’s entered; just a couple more layers to my cake.
I had a decent enough time in the baby room for the time I was in there. So now here goes some more complaining…. The AD came into the baby room a couple of minutes b/4 3:15 and started to tell me and my CT (who was in there b/c I was with kids) where we needed to go. I had to point out to her that I left in two minutes which would leave the teacher in that room on her own (which isn’t a choice). Light bulb above her head – oh well you can stay and CT can go. So I got to stay and play with the babies some more. Guess what, I got me another complaint. SO when the AD came in to tell us where to go she said she would come back at 3:30 to give the teacher her milk break. AND she never came back! Lucky for the AT that our numbers dropped low enough for her o go and I could stay by myself. However she didn’t go till a little after 3:45, which put her getting back after four, which put me getting into the next room late, which put that teacher I was supposed to relieve into OT! Does that make sense? It was basically me complaining about the AD not looking at her watch and sticking to her schedule!
By the time I made it into the toddlers I was done with playing kids! Thank goodness I don’t have to take care of children tomorrow! It was also a sad day b/c today was the Mitchell’s last day:’-(.
When I talked to Aaron after work I was very cynical and bah-hum-buggy. However he lightened my mood dramatically and I felt way better by the time we got off the phone. When we were done talking I called my MIL to talk about the weekend. We are having a going away dinner for David on Sunday (he’s going to Chicago w/ his girlfriend for the improve class. She said she would trim my hair and I could play on the net. We also talked about the charity painting class taking place next Wednesday.
Then I got up and packed lunch for tomorrow: chicken salad, grapes, cherries, and mandarin oranges. For dinner I had left over Suzy’s with s. blanc and it was fabulous.
I’d also like to remember that I bought four Groupons today for the wine tasting classes at Sunset Grill. I’m pumped, can’t believe I spent 80.00, but looking forward to all four classes! I really wanted to buy the living social adventure: sushi and sake class, but there several reasons not to (vacation time, price, ‘date’ to go to class).
Now I’m watching “The Lovely Bones”. It’s all right. I think the book will be WAY better!
I think that’s all I’ve got.
High today: my Groupons!
Thanks for letting me vent…
No comments:
Post a Comment