Today was better than I thought it was going to be. I woke up at four this morning and couldn’t relax the mind enough to go back to sleep. Instead I got up and let Izzie out and then lay in bed and read my book for almost an hour. Then as I arrived into the kitchen to make bfast I discovered a wonderful present Izzie left! YUCK, the one thing a person wants to see and have to clean before eating. Luckily enough it was solid and easy.
I didn’t make lunch last night since it was a bit late but it came together easy enough: carrots, tuna w onion & pickle relish (thank you TW for making life simple), a peach, grapes, and cherries.
We were supposed to have a new kid start today, but the mom wants to have a meeting to tell us the way her son ‘communicates’. That’s happening tomorrow at 2:15, it’s scheduled to last forty five minutes – crazy!
Oh yeah I actually had a lingering mommy ish moment on the way to work. It wasn’t so much as the urge to be a mother, it was more a desire to have a family; more than just Aaron and I and a handful of pets. I was actually okay with the thought of child bearing. However the price tag is what kind of makes me weary, not to mention all the plans I want to do this fall as well as the whole ‘end of world’ coming next winter. Should just let it happen and follow along with the larger plan, huh? It actually lingered through out the day and I haven’t talked to Aaron today yet and I’m debating on whether or not to bring it up. I doubt I will b/c I’m sure it will get his hopes up, but at least I’ve ‘said’ it out loud.
When I checked my email at some point today there’s a new group on meetup I really want to join. It’s a dining and book swap combo. It’s says they want to meet at different restaurants and maybe the organizer’s home later on, and trade used books. Not just trade t though, but more like Christmas at every meeting. There was a suggestion of taking old books you’ve read, wrapping them, including why you liked it so much (and I think a synopsis) and then choosing that way. I think it sounds great, but I don’t have very many books to swap considering I don’t buy books, I borrow. I said something to the OT about it and she said she might have a few that I could have, but I told her she’d have to write a brief summary and pretend like I did it. She chuckled.
Back to the day: I started the new kids IFSP goal sheet in the a.m. and was able to finish it during nap time. The day went great. Our barn owl napped! (I really want to put a gazillion exclamation marks b/c this is the first time he’s napped in a few weeks.) We were also down two kids, one being top challenging.
I had an IFSP meeting at 2:00 that went well. Then I played with the babies for forty minutes and headed to the Giraffes, aka as twos. Fortunately there were only seven kids and the AD allowed me to get out and work on paperwork. I updated my twin’s IFSP sheet that finally got posted (his meeting was on 8/11). The AD also said that Brit and I could take turns getting out when numbers allowed after she’s trained on data collection and what not.
I asked my CT to trade schedules with me for Wednesday and she’s going to get back to me. I asked the LT in the toddlers to trade w me on Friday. She said she might if she doesn’t go to Alabama . I bet she’ll go just to spite me. I also asked the LT in the two’s class but she down right refused. I don’t blame her since she had to do the late shift last Friday, but I thought maybe she’d at least hear me out or consider it since it’s only a half our difference from her own schedule. Now all I’ve got left to ask is the LT in the oldest classroom, I didn’t get to ask her today b/c she was out.
During the last forty five minutes I had to fix the LP my CT did. She always messes it up somehow. This time she discombobulated (would you believe that word recognizes that word?) the title. It’s supposed to be centered and I haven’t a clue what she did b/c it wouldn’t center. So I sorted of started from scratch; I brought up an old LP and copy and pasted and retyped the necessary items. I love that she jumps on the ball and gets it done I just wish she would do it ‘correctly’ (read my way as my hubby refers to the subject).
At home I noticed that Izzie has a weird bubbly growth on her left side below her rib cage. I called MIL and she said their dog had it too and the vet said that’s just part of them growing old. It shouldn’t be a problem unless it grows, gets hard, or hurts her to touch. Of course something like this happens as soon as dad leaves. He was here for five and halfish days and she was fine!
I prepped bfast and lunch for tomorrow: mango and berries w/ yogurt and carrots, roast beef wrap w cucumbers, pear, orange, and grapes. I also made dinner: the amazing beet and mango salad I’m addicted to. Today I changed the dressing up a bit again: half apricot half red raspberry preserves blended w the vinegar from the pepperocini peppers and a splash of raspberry balsamic. OMG, I love this combo I think the best so far. I kept the juice from the peppers and hopefully remember this combo and take it to the next family gathering to share. I also had a half a glass of the busted s. blanc with dinner and for some reason it was yummy again. I’m not sure what was wrong with it on Saturday. Maybe b/c I was drinking it on it’s own? Or maybe b/c I had too much Friday night and my palate wasn’t ready for it? Well I hope tomorrow it’s yummy again. However I don’t have a clue as to what to make for dinner tomorrow. I want to make something with the left over wild rice from Saturday, but for some strange reason my brain is being very limited. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be able to check on my sites for something I’ve book marked.
While enjoying my wonderful single meal I watched a really good movie. It made me want to watch Moulin Rouge. I like that it was based on true events. It was strange to see Rufus Sewell and Noami Watts that young though. Oh I almost forgot for dessert I had another slice of my ‘healthy’ chocolate pie (which has lost almost every last trace of the ‘veggie’ flavor Katie so described) and topped it with a sprinkle of peanuts. YuMmY!
High today: a smooth Monday for a change.
Thanks for helping me cope and keeping sane…
No comments:
Post a Comment