Tuesday, August 23, 2011

tolerable Tuesday

For some strange reason I woke up at four a.m. again this morning.  I was able to stay in bed and rest though today!  And when I got up there wasn’t a surprise for me in the kitchen!  What a semi good start, huh. 

Bfast was yummy.  I really need to go to Kroger and get more yogurts.  I’ve only got one more carbmaster left.  Tomorrow I’m having cc and fruit.  Thursday and Friday are up in air. 

When I got to work I asked the LT in the Racals room if she’d switch schedules w me on Friday.  She might, but will let me know tomorrow or the next day.  A few minutes later the LT I asked yesterday came in and told me she couldn’t switch, was I surpised? Nope not in the least!  She said she’d decided to go home after convincing mom to buy healthy groceries to feed her over the weekend.  What-eveah, I knew it was a long shot asking her. 

Nothing interesting in emails or blogs.  I didn’t have as much time to check them though since I stood around and chatted for fifteen minutes. 

Our day went well.  The mom who has been observing and I’ve been talking to way too much went to a training today so she wasn’t in the hallway till after noon.  It was nice.  Her son did well.  We took his lovey and hid it and he went all day without needing it.  He sat happily at lunch and took a short nap.  He did get his finger smashed and had trouble regrouping afterwards since he didn’t get his nap out though.  During nap time I was able to complete my DN’s, that’s a plus. 

I’m proud of my CT.  The AD made a schedule for us and my CT sort of set her straight.  We have a kid starting tomorrow and mom wanted to have a meeting to chit chat and help us know what to expect from her little man.  Originally we were both supposed to attend it but the LT in the infants had to leave early and the room needed coverage.  The AD had me going in there and my CT attending the meeting.  Well my CT said it would make more sense if I went since he was on my caseload.  Score one for bonding.  Sometimes I question if the management team really sees me on the same level as my CT.  I know I get paid more, but sometimes I think she gets more benefits or what not. 

The meeting was interesting.  Mom had lots of informative tid bits and I look forward to meeting the little guy as well as dad and sis soon. 

I got to play with the babies till 4:15.  It was supposed to be till 4:30, but the numbers dropped low enough the teacher could be in there on her own.  So I got to work on paperwork!  At 4:30 I was scheduled to go into the Giraffes room but she only had three kids so I got to continue working, other than giving her a break to get away from the screaming kid.  I started my contact logs to get ahead on Friday’s work.  I also got in my two consults from the IFSP meetings I’ve had recently.  Now that I think about it I should check the other IFSP I had on the old guy who came back to our room.  Let’s hope I remember that tomorrow. 

When I got home my body was exhausted so I just lay in the chair for a little bit.  I started to balance my checkbook and my dad called.  He didn’t want much.  I guess he was calling to see when I would be in Paris.  Even though I’m pretty sure I told him on Sunday that I wouldn’t be at their place till Saturday evening.  As a matter of fact I know I told him b/c he wanted to know why. 

After chatting w him I finished balancing.  My account is still 17.00 off, the bank says I have more than I do.  I guess it’s better than me thinking I have more. 

I prepped bfast; cc and cantaloupe, and lunch; salad and fruits for tomorrow.  Oh yeah my CT mentioned around 1:30 that she was able to trade schedules w me tomorrow so I can actually get to my wine class on time/early and hopefully get a decent seat.  She thought she’d told me earlier, but better late than never. 

For dinner I made a tasty creation.  I steamed red onions and topped it with the left over wild rice.  Then tossed in sun-dried tomatoes (future knowledge 25 grams tomatoes in oil equals 19 grams rinsed – I think that was the numbers).  Lastly I added a serving of tuna and sprinkled some seasoning salt (Lawry’s) and cracked pepper and a tid bit of parmesan cheese.  I really liked it and told Aaron I was going to have to remember so he could try it. 

Becky called and left me a message about the vacation we are supposed to take.  I couldn’t understand the message but I continue to forget to call her and tell her that I can’t go anymore.  Man I feel like an ass.  I’m not quite sure how to tell her.  I need to bite the bullet and just do it. 

I’m looking forward to my class tomorrow and won’t journal about it since it’s WW, but hope it goes well. 

High today: yummy creative dish (wish I could take pics and post like all my food blogs).

Thanks for making it to the bottom with the ‘recipe’…

No comments:

Post a Comment