Sunday, August 28, 2011

In memory

So today was the death anniversary and a birthday, Izzi’s.  I spent it with dad and had a nice time.  I woke up before him, well techinacally got out of bed before him.  He said he woke up ealierr but was just relaxing.  After he showered and stirred we had a couple of cups of coffee together outside while just chatting and petting the cats.  He showed and educated me about this:
The difference between this creature (a terrapin) and a turtle is the terrapin has a hinged belly: 

and the latter has a flat belly.  The terrapin closes it and hides.  He’s also really quick and hissed at me when I pulled him out from under the grill where he hid.

After showering he and Mike watched Source Code.  While they watched it I researched the wines and worked on making a decision to which three classes I want to go to.  I really wish I could have afforded to go to them all. 

For lunch we went ‘up town’ and ate at the Mexican restaurant.  Dad and Mike shared nachos and made them ‘fajita’ style (which basically has nicer meat instead of ground beef or shredded chicken).  I ordered a chicken burrito sans red sauce w/ rice and beans. 

After lunch we headed to the redbox to get a movie.  We went to get Limitless and the machine said ‘lucky you, you get a rental for .50 for one night, do you want to continue?’.  I did.  Mike picked out Insidious, but I didn’t stay to watch it. 

Back at home I was stuffed and didn’t have room for the pie until thirty minutes before leaving.  As I was leaving dad and Mike packed me a care package.  I got leftover brisket, potato salad, and pie.  Dad also gave me two servings of apple cake and banana bread (one of each).  He tried to give me nine!  We bartered and I ot it down to the two. 

When I got home hunny was watching Dark Crystal.  When it was over we chatted about Izzie.  He’s finally worried about her health and wants to take her to the vet on Friday.  I really hope she is okay and not too much damage. 

We finished the most recent season of Burn Notice in the house and what a cliff hanger!

High today: quality one on one time with dad.

Thanks for understanding about today…

I miss you dearly and wish you were still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment