What a B-E-A-utiful day!
When I first woke up I thought it was going to be absolutely awful. I mean Izzie kept me up all night with her fidgetiness and I knew I had to mow the lawn. I also really needed to do laundry. UUgghhh! Also all the things I wanted to do today were denied b/c of ne reason or another.
Well I started mowing and within the first thirty minutes I had two problems: the clipping cover fell off and then the mower clogged/jammed and died. Our neighbor, the lady, across the road came over and asked if I needed some help. The man, Ried, was willing to use his John Deere and do the front. I came in and called my dad about how I could fix the push mower and keep going (I cleaned it out but it still wouldn’t start), he suggested to clean it all out and then if it still won’t start to let it rest. While I was talking to him Ried came over and started mowing. So I went out and chatted with the lady (whose name I still don’t know). I enjoyed talking to her. I found out that she used to work at Vandi, but is currently laid off/unemployed. She is trained in pathology, lab work, and autopsy. She wants to work for TBI , TN Bureau of Investigation. However they won’t hire her unless she has a crime lab degree of some sort, even though she can do an autopsy, the lab work, and report on it on her own! She’s three employees in one! Not to mention she’s got 15 years experience. Back to him mowing: after he mowed the front yard he drove around and blew all the clippings into a pile. I, we, usually just leave the clippings where they blow. Since he ‘gathered’ them I had to do something with em’. I was going to toss them on the pile of branches at the curb, but that was kind of far, so instead I rolled em’ to the tree stump and made a pile. After he ‘gathered’ em’ he mowed the back yard too! Luckily he didn’t gather any clippings, but of course the back yard isn’t as tall as the front so there wasn’t that much.
After he was done I called dad and we chatted, since I don’t think I’ll get a chance to tomorrow (I’m excited about being a mouse potato). We didn’t talk about anything really important. I decided to make my neighbors Betty Crocker’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies. I made them ‘healthy’ and used egg substitute (instead of egg) and applesauce (instead of oil). I wish I wouldn’t have! The cookies were fluffy instead of chewy the way I remember them. Next time I should use one of the original items or maybe half oil half sauce. *mental note to self* They tasted good though.
Cookies done and delivered I decided to lie out. However the sun was too hot. Instead I got the hammock out and lay in it. It was GORGEOUS! Hanging in the hammock in the shade with the sun shimmering through the leaves and visiting the world of Louisiana via book, man what a way to pass the time. I was out there till one! It makes me look forward to fall, how dreamy.
Back inside I spent the rest of the day watching movies and snacking. I watched ‘The Princess Bride’, ‘Romeo & Juliet’, ‘Letters to Juliet’, and ‘Sweet November’. For dinner I made a BLT. I also ate some healthy chocolate pie with Cool Whip. The pie isn’t that bad if eaten cold. I couldn’t really taste the ‘healthy’ part. I wonder if I should take it with me to the going away dinner tomorrow?
Today is also the day that I think I’ve missed my DH the most. While thinking about him I realized that I wish/want/desire/hope/strive to be a better wife. I know he loves me unconditionally and I’m just not that nice. I want to work on better controlling my emotions and being more open with my thoughts. I think it has to do with the ‘conscious discipline’ lecture we got yesterday.
High today: the gorgeous weather!
Thank you for enjoying such a wonderful day with me…
No comments:
Post a Comment