Friday, August 19, 2011

TGIF

Today was another decent enough day.  I got up and went about my regular routine: bfast, reading, getting ready, packing lunch, and heading to work. I actually got there super early and was going to read in the car, but the Dr of Outreach arrived and went into the building.  So I headed in after her and played on the net.  I was able to check all my emails and all my blogs!  The only left to do was look at the 250 plus foodgawker recipes.  I wonder when or if I will ever stop being interested in this silly site.  I love recipes and it’s like a book that grows daily! 

I’m happy with the work I got done: all TIEDS, DN’s, contact logs, updated IFSP’s, daily sheets, and started researching LP ideas. 

I did have a minute break down out of frustration.  I though I had a dentist appt for the 29th, but the office has me scheduled on September 12th.  TO sum it up my dental insurance plan won’t allow more than two visits in a twelve month rolling period.  Which means that if I had one on 8/30/11 and one on 3/7/11 I can’t have another till the 8/30/11 rolls off the books so to speak.  I was so irked.  I called three times trying to fins someone to overwrite and allow me to go one day early.  BUT it’s the contract and there’s no one who can overwrite it.  So I was overwhelmed about when to go again.  The only available dates from work are 9/12, 9/26, 10/5, and two dates in December.  After getting home and talking with the hubby I’ve decided I want to try to get a cleaning and a cleaning only from an office around here and then go back to them for everything else.  The only reason I wanted to have it done is b/c my bottom right back tooth has been bugging me a bit.  Let’s keep our fingers crossed.

Back to my day:  I played with the Rascals, then Infants, next the Lions, and ended the day with the Toddlers.  A typical scheduled day.  While I was with the toddlers I was in there alone with four kids.  Not hard, but not fun.  The AD made a new schedule for us since we have a new staff member.  The only thing that’s changed for me is now I’m going to be with Brit, the AT in the Giraffes.  And my CT now gets eight hours a week to do paper work; which is an extra hour a week from what she was getting before.  I get five.  I told her, in jest, that I was going to give her part of my work to do since technically speaking we have the same case load to handle.  Or bum some time from her.  She was okay with the second part.

Food wise I made poor choices, Mrs. Katie brought in sugar lemon iced cookies and I had me a few.  For dinner we had salmon, asparagus, and wild rice.  Dinner could have been way better, but was still tasty.  We were going to grill it but the grill is busted, so we pan seared the protein and veggies.  Hubby has trouble making rice in the fancy pots and pans and it was a little bit on the mushy side.  I also had two whole glasses of wine.  The second bottle I opened I think the cork was bad.  The wine tool just pulled out of the cork and made it crumble a little bit.  Then I had to dig the bugger out.  I didn’t actually get it out; I ended up pushing it into the bottle and then poured the wine into a different bottle.  I’m thinking a bad cork indicates a bad wine, not bad tasting, but bad as in expired.  I hope I remember to google it on Sunday. 

We continued watching Burn Notice and then enjoyed ourselves if you catch my meaning. 

High today: wonderful evening with the hubby.

Thanks for letting me talk about mundane things that happen regularly…

No comments:

Post a Comment