Saturday, August 6, 2011

wow, how shocking


Today started out rough.  I didn’t get much sleep last night.  We went to bed at midnight.  When I first lay down Izzie put her face on the bed waiting to get up with me.  So I pulled the twin sized mattress down to the floor and tried to lay with her next to me curled up beside the mattress.  But she wouldn’t do it, so I tried to get her to lay with me on the teeny tiny mattress and she still would relax.  I tried going to sleep but she just couldn’t or wouldn’t get comfortable.  Finally around three or so in the morning I let her get on the mattress and I got in the floor.  She finally fell asleep! 

I woke up and got moving at seven.  Mom and David arrived around eight and we had bfast: fried eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, & sawmill gravy. 

Then we just vegged out.  We watched a little tv, I read some book, and played on the net.  I tried to place my order with my groupon and had some issues.  I was panicked and didn’t think I was going to get to use it.  Later, as in just a few minutes ago, I logged on and the Groupon site emailed me and said print groupon and use the no without dashes or spaces.  Finally it dawned on me that I was supposed to use the code on the receipt, not the code on the front page!  SO I got to order me two sample boxes!  I had to pay a little less than five bucks for tax.  I’m supposed to pick it up next Wednesday between eight and eight fifteen. 

We went to Penny’s and I found two dresses I really like, but they were the wrong size.  Guess that’s fate way of telling me I don’t need them anyway.  Then we went to Ryan’s for dinner.  I made a piggy out of myself.  I ate two helpings of the soft serve ice cream.  It was the creamy thick smooth soft serve like Mickey D’s serve. 

On they way back to granny’s I learned a couple of things I didn’t know.  My uncle, my mom’s brother, made a baby with his first cousin.  Literally it was granny’s sister child that my uncle made a baby with.  How country inbred of him.  I can’t believe it.  Then we started talking about gay and morals and the bible.  My granny and aunt are so backwards in their thinking.  Granny started talking about the bible, my fault really b/c I asked, but said that men and women were made to be together and that’s how we procreate and populate.  Marsha made a comparison of being a woman being involved with a married man.  She said no matter how much you love the married man you know morally that you should stop (technically you shouldn’t have even started, but I didn’t point that out).  I tried to tell them that it wasn’t all about the sexual relation, but it could have started from emotions and connecting on a emotional field first.  They were completely against it and said the only reason I was tolerable was b/c I grew up with it and it didn’t offend me.  I’m just too shocked.

When we got back to the house I tried the peach wine I got for mom.  It was yummy.  My first thought was to buy some for Carolyn and Heather. 

High today:  being with family. 

Thanks for letting me vent about the backwards way of my family…

No comments:

Post a Comment